MEET THE DESIGNER (2) // INTERVIEW

Hey my darling.. Hope you are doing very well.
I started interviewing fashion designers in a bid to inspire aspiring designers as well as showcase our great designs to the world. If you missed the first interview, you can check it out here
meet Benny

For Today, I met a young woman who is starting out early with pursuing her dreams.. I hope her story inspires you to pursue yours. Make sure to read till the end. Trust me it's worth it. 


Q.  Please introduce yourself.

A.  My name is Ezedom Onyinye Benedicta, I studied Business Administration in Delta State University Abraka and I graduated in 2013.
 

Q. Tell us about your brand and what you have to offer the fashion industry at large.

A. Well I went to a fashion school for a year and learnt how to make male and female dresses. After I finished from my fashion school,i decided to start my own brand which I call "Bennyswitz Couture" where I make male,female and kids ready to wear dresses.
Initially I started by making dresses based on Pre order of which I still do till date. Then I went off to start meeting few of my friend,my dad friend's and also my sisters to tell dem wat I do and showcase my designs. So gradually people started to patronize me, thats wen I decided to start my own ready to wear brand. And by God's grace I intend to showcase more designs to people out there n also will love to work with other designer because as far as I'm concerned I'm still learning more about fashion n designs 
 


Q.  Wow... That's a very good start and I see you getting better with time.
So what exactly can you say started your interest in fashion? Was it someone or an event?
A. Fashion has always been my life since I was way younger. I believe I have been more interested in fashion long before I even knew it.
Bcos I remember wen I was about 10 my mom usually buys my dresses along with my sisters but wen I see dem and I don't like d exact style I jst take needle and thread n I start putting some patches to d dress or probably adjusting it to d way I like it lol. 
 

Q. Oh wow!  That's a very early start.
A.  Yes I really was.
My mom was a tailor wen I was younger so she was d one that inspired my every fashion interest. Because wen I pick up needle and thread way back to sew or put patches to my dress my mom will just look at me and smile. At d time wen my sisters dresses tore she ask dem to meet me to help them patch it. So then my sisters u to tease me saying I love sewing n patching my own dresses dat I should better be a tailor.

 
Q.  I find it really nice that she encouraged your passion.

A. It was really nice. Even up till date dey still meet to adjust their dresses and I feel happy doing it.
 


Q.  Awww now who wouldn't want a sister like you *love struck
So what fashion school did you attend?  Would you recommend it for beginners?

A.  Well, yea.
I started off with d one they call the local tailor because I needed to start from scratch and she's my uncle's wife in benin.
I learnt from her for a while then I went ahead to Nwabueife fashion house in Enugu state where I still learnt some other ways of making dresses n patterns then finally I decided to go to a Yoruba tailor where l learnt men's wear.
I know you'll be like why 3 different places yea? I decided to do that because I believe every tailor has his/her way of designing n making dress patterns So I needed more ideas not jst from one person but from diff persons n of which if I still hv opportunity I'll still learn more. Lol




Q.  Oh that's a really nice idea.. And I hope beginner's learn to be like you.
So do you have any word of encouragement or advice for beginners??

A. I'll say if u have passion for fashion pls pursue it don't be discouraged no matter d circumstances.
Always believe in yourself and most importantly be patient with everyone and everything.

Q.   Thank you very much darling.
I know some of your clients are here and would like to know where they can find you
 

A.   U can find me on my social platforms:
IG: @b_switzcouture
BBM: 24E7A84A
Whatsapp: 08158042924
Or u can as well reach me @Plot 1454 block 64 Raji rasaki road Amuwo Odofin Lagos.
Q.. Ok luv thank you so much and have a nice day *kisses
I hope this inspires you to take a step towards working on your dreams, no matter the circumstance. 
 

PS: If you'll love to be featured on this series, send a mail to stylebyuch@gmail.com.
Tell your friends to tell their friends let's show what we have to the world *wink*
Have a lovely weekend.. Till next time, XOXO

No comments

Powered by Blogger.