BASIC PATTERN FOR A WRAP DRESS

Have you been thinking of owning a wrap dress? 
Do you keep telling your clients 'no time' because you can't make a wrap dress?
 Well that's the reason for this blog, to help solve these problems.. 

Before you read this post, you should learn how to take measurements Here

In cutting a wrap dress, the front is made of two piece, while the back is one...

Taking the front piece first,


From the pattern above, 
A = Burst + allowance
B = under burst + allowance
C = hip + allowance
D = shoulder width  
E = D or D - 1" (depending on your design)
F = length of gown
a = 4" - 5" ( wrap allowance)
b = 3.5"
c = 1" (shoulder slope)
d = 5" (varies)
e = distance from 5" to under burst

Taking the back piece, 


From the pattern above, 
A = Burst + allowance
B = under burst + allowance
C = hip + allowance
D = shoulder width  
E = D or D - 1" (depending on your design)
F = length of gown
a = 3.5"
b = 3"
c = 1" (shoulder slope)
As always, the back piece is higher than the front piece by 1.5"

There you go guys.. the basic pattern for a shift dress. you can play around this, creating your own unique design and styles.
I posted the basic pattern for a shift dress a while ago, check it out here

I hope this post was helpful..
let me know if you have any questions or requests.
till next time XOXO
 

5 comments

Unknown said...

Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Good day, I need your advice on something important...So I want to enroll in a fashion school(which has proven a Little bit difficult to find the right one) but my focus or what I want to dwell on is childrens wear(0-12or more) So my question is should I learn how to make adults wear and use the understanding to make children's wear or are there fashion institutions that dwell very well on children's wear. I'll be really glad if you reply. Thanks

The evolving woman said...

Hey dear, I'll suggest you learn adult wears and apply the knowledge. It'll also be very helpful just incase you plan to diversify in the future.

John smith said...

Thanks for sharing this useful content. Choose the Best fashion academy in Abuja Fashion schools in Lekki Lagos

Powered by Blogger.