ANKARA SKIRT BAND (TUTORIAL)

Hey there!!
Is it still ok for me to say happy New month? Well I'll still tell you just because I love you *kizzes (in Jenifa's voice).

Well I've been posting a lot of life style stuffs... But then, I don't want us to loose focus so I have a tutorial for you today. It's basically how to fix the skirt band of an Ankara skirt in order to get a perfectly neat finish.


Things you need:
- scissors
- fabric
- measuring tape
- gum stay


How to:
- depending on your waist length, cut out your fabric with width 4" and length in excess of about 10" from your normal waist length. 


- cut out gum stay of equal length and width and gum it using a hot iron. 


- fold in half inch from one edge of the fabric through out the full length, iron it so it stays put. 


-  fold another one and half inch through the full length from the same side. Iron again so it doesn't shift. 


- Attach the straight part (the side that was not folded) to your skirt, right side facing wrong side. ie the right side of the band should be placed inside where the lining of the skirt shows like in the picture below. 


- Fold the edges as shown below. Make sure to extend the right side of the band by 2" to make up for over lap and cut off the excess



Top stitch the folded side on the right side of the fabric.



Voila that's it guys.. Attatch your hook and your skirt is ready.

PS :
*Make sure to align the edges so your zipper stops at the same point on both sides.
*You can add elastic band at the sides for added advantage.

I hope this post was helpful.... Please tell me what you want me to teach next in the comment section and also drop a comment. You know it encourages me. XOXO

No comments

Powered by Blogger.