KNOWING WHAT FAUX MEANS IN FASHION

Hey guys! 
I've been a lot of things this past few weeks. but I'm happy because, finally, life is back to normal. I hope you are all fine.
I see a lot of designers use the word faux and I kept wondering what it meant. It's common with hair, when you hear faux locs it doesn't sound weird because we all know what that means. But faux wrapper? *this people will not kill me* was my thought when I first heard it.
In understanding how to use the term, we have to first and foremost know what it means literally. According to Wikipedia;
Faux /ˈfoʊ/ is a French word for "false". The adjective has been adopted into the English language to describe an imitation. When manufacturing faux objects or materials, an attempt is often made to create products which will resemble the imitated items as closely as possible. However, some products are intentionally made to look "faux", for example, faux furs made for prospective buyers who want their fur to be recognizable as imitation due to controversy over the use and manufacture of real animal furs.



Here's a Faux wrap dress 
Now that we know this, we'll understand when a designer says pencil skirt with faux wrapper, that she means a skirt that's made to look like a wrapper ie, wrap skirt etc.
I really wanted to know what this means so I sought clarification and shared with you guys. It's there any other fashion word you've been wanting or trying to understand? 
Why not drop in the comment section and someone might just give you the answer you seek or we'll discuss it in a post.
Till next time loves XOXO

No comments

Powered by Blogger.